At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Market Operations Managers sit at the intersection between the data on the screen and the operations on the ground. Data and insights are at the heart of how Lyft makes business decisions, and our sustained investment in our communities and local operations are a key differentiator, allowing us to understand and act on what makes cities unique.
You will report to the Regional Director of Northern California, and work on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers and riders in NorCal. As a member of the local market leadership team, you will be responsible for analyzing and solving for a variety of problem types ranging from suboptimal airport operations to improving utilization for our fleet assets to identifying labor efficiency process improvements. You will also oversee the strategy and execution of partnerships with local venues & corporate partners to drive growth and build brand equity in the community.
Through strategic thinking, data-driven problem-solving, and highlighting operational and critical insights, you will ultimately influence how Lyft executes and creates value for customers - both riders and drivers.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for your Territory Leader and take an ownership mindset for the performance of your market
- Develop a detailed understanding of Lyft's regions across NorCal, and identify key market-level questions, problems, and continuous improvement opportunities to drive profitability and operational efficiencies
- Support the Regional Director and local team by serving as the owner for various initiatives that will drive impact locally. This includes developing strategies, project management, and ongoing operational support
- Develop the operations strategy for local events and manage event logistics to implement initiatives on the ground
- Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, government relations, marketing, analytics, and product / engineering to provide analytics support for local initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and analyze operational data using SQL, spreadsheets, and other analytical tools to support regional execution on key metrics
- Prepare for and lead monthly deep dives into the program and market performance while developing actionable dashboards for RDs and other local stakeholders
- Diverse work experience, preferably a combination of management consulting and business operations; high-growth or start-up experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and collaborate up, down, and across the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple large cross-functional projects at once and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel and SQL, and have experience building forecast models and analyzing complex data sets to make impact high-impact business decisions
- Passion and resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- Strong verbal and written and visual communication skills and extreme attention to detail
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Familiarity or experience with P&L management
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one