At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Physical Security Operations Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional operational support, ensuring a safe and secure working environment for all team members across the organization.
You possess a strong ability to prioritize and execute tasks in alignment with the overall goals of the team. You feel comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You have a growth mindset and know how to stay self-motivated and demonstrate a positive attitude. You feel empowered to take initiative and lead from your seat. You consistently demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage the monthly billing/budget process for company-wide physical security expenses
- Support the execution of security project plans under the direction of Physical Security Leaders
- Coordinate project planning efforts with cross functional stakeholders, track statuses, and maintain consistent communication throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with members of the Physical Security team to ensure security program activities and initiatives are documented and tracked
- Maintain repository of physical security policies, standards, and processes and communicate updates/changes to appropriate stakeholders as necessary
- Create and maintain internal physical security team document templates to ensure consistency, uniformity and visual quality of shared documents
- Support team meetings and track follow-up actions
- Identify areas to streamline operations, automate processes, reduce errors, and increase overall team performance and efficiency
- Track and monitor key metrics and OKRs for the Physical Security team
- Build and run reports, assemble briefings and presentations
- Support the Regional Physical Security Directors, VP of Physical Security and Senior Manager of Office Security in additional duties as necessary
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 2+ years of informal project management experience preferred (formal experience not required)
- 1+ years of financial accounting/budgeting experience required
- Possess the ability to remain agile and multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- A passion for security and keeping people safe through ongoing operational support
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across departments, work collaboratively, and manage conflict constructively including but not limited to emergency situations
- A high degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Google Suite and Slack preferred
- Capable of prioritizing tasks/duties as assigned
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe Workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one