Counsel, Regulatory Compliance
Lyft, New York, NY
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We're looking for a Counsel to join our Regulatory Compliance team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to implement compliance objectives for Lyft’s business. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and resourceful, skilled at building strong relationships, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role reports to Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rulemaking process directly with regulators, and negotiate and advocate for favorable interpretations and adoption of administrative rules
- Track and document Lyft’s regulatory compliance obligations across jurisdictions
- Research and advise on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyft’s Operations, Marketing, Finance and Product teams
- Communicate regulatory compliance requirements and offer guidance to other teams, including Comms, Product, Public Policy, Customer Support, and other teams within the Legal department.
- JD and active membership in a state bar with good standing
- 5+ years of experience working in a legal or compliance role
- Experience working with or for regulatory agencies
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience appearing before public regulatory agencies or representing parties in administrative proceedings is a plus
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to set priorities and respond to changing demands from multiple internal and external sources under demanding deadlines
- Passion for Lyft and its mission
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and