Economist Intern (2022)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for economists who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product from our San Francisco headquarters.
- The Department of Economics is responsible for working on projects across Lyft’s products (rider, driver, marketplace, incentives, pricing, etc.)
- Leverage Lyft’s platform and the extensive economics literature to answer important questions about the product in order to better understand the factors that influence passenger and driver decisions
- Design and analyze field experiments or observational data analysis to construct models of behavior on the platform
- Interns are fully immersed in the team and will have the opportunity to apply the latest methods from the economics literature and potentially produce novel research. Team members partner with product managers, data scientists, operations managers, and engineers to plan, design, execute, and communicate empirically-driven projects
- 3rd year undergraduate student pursuing a BA/BS in Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Must graduate between December 2022 and June 2023 to be eligible for this internship
- Passion for using economics to understand behavior
- Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts a plus
- Experience with academic research in economics or a related field
- Strong quantitative skills, including coursework in math, statistics and/or econometrics
- Attention to detail while moving quickly
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.