Bilingual Community Associate (French or Arabic)
Lyft, Ottawa, Canada
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Lyft is looking for a motivated and organized Bilingual Community Associate to join our Ottawa team, full-time. In this role, you will be the face of Lyft, meeting with applicants and current drivers at our local facilities and preparing them for the exciting road ahead.
If you consider yourself a self-starter, can find comfort in ambiguity, and don’t shy away from solving problems, you just passed the first test! You will be responsible for supporting onboarding activities, providing a high standard of customer service experience, and have the opportunity to drive our local operations in a wide variety of facets including, working on driver empowerment, analyzing local market data, creating driver communications and much more! If you love working with people, and the thought of helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement in Ottawa (and across Canada) sounds exciting, we would love to meet you!
- Guide drivers through the onboarding process in person, at an event, over the phone, and through email
- Support applicants and drivers with your knowledge of the Lyft platform and the Ottawa’s local market
- Perform pre and post applicant outreach to get drivers approved and on the road
- Work with current drivers to solve any issues that they may have
- Uphold Lyft’s high standard of service and representing the brand while working with all drivers
- Complete ad-hoc tasks, as assigned by your manager, as needed
- Experience with in-person customer service roles such as in retail, technical support or hospitality
- Proficiency in French/Arabic languages preferred; Proficiency in English is required
- Knowledge of the for-hire vehicle industry
- Familiarity with the Ottawa region
- Proven track record of customer service excellence, problem-solving skills, taking initiative and adapting to a dynamic environment
- Excellent, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working technological systems such as Slack, Google Workspace etc.
- Ability to multi-task and switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Bonus points if you love ride-sharing so much that you're a Lyft driver too!
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
The hourly rate for this position is $18.25/hr + $1/hr for each hour worked for bilingual pay premium.
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.