At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Actuarial team is an integral part of the decision-making process at Lyft with its important mission of accurately predicting and accounting for risk to make the platform safer. Lyft’s Actuarial team is looking for a strong Actuarial Analyst to join our Actuarial Data & Reporting team.
The Data & Reporting team’s core responsibilities revolve around ensuring risk-related financial data provided to FP&A, Accounting, and Actuarial is complete, accurate, and appropriate. The ideal candidate should have solid insurance and actuarial knowledge, data management skills, and strong communication skills as the person in this position will be communicating internally with Actuarial, Accounting, FP&A, Data Engineering and other teams, as well as external partners such as third-party carriers. This is a unique opportunity in the actuarial world to make a real impact at one of the most exciting companies in the tech world.
- Responsible for exposure and claim data reporting processes, which are used as the basis of actuarial analyses
- Manage the processes that ensure accurate and complete monthly financial reporting for risk-related expenses
- Develop and maintain processes that ensure SOX compliance around insurance data
- Partner with Pricing, Reserving, and Modeling teams to improve and enhance the quality of risk data
- Provide ad hoc data-driven actuarial analyses for the broader Actuarial team
- Collaborate with internal FP&A, Accounting, and Data Engineer members to provide ad hoc business analysis
- Set and manage timelines to help facilitate communication of deliverables
- Seek out opportunities to create new processes and optimize for efficiencies
- BA/BS with 2+ years of experience in actuarial or insurance data management/analysis role
- Working knowledge of insurance and actuarial principles
- Detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- Experience in the following systems/tools: SQL, Python, Microsoft Excel, Github, ETL tools such as Airflow
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a knack for process improvements
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Actuarial experience with 2+ CAS exams passed is a HUGE plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Actuarial study program
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.