Hardware Reliability Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is developing the future of micro-mobility and we are looking for a Reliability Manager to come in and drive the development of our newest vehicles. In this technical leadership role, you will shape the product definition and technology direction. You'll manage and develop a team of engineers, empowering them to evaluate and communicate vehicle durability throughout the entire product life cycle.
You may represent Lyft in supplier meetings, program kickoffs, project definition, while being aligned to the long-term department strategy. You will work with Lyft to develop Lyft labs and processes to efficiently evaluate products weaknesses. You will work proactively with other engineering managers on design for reliability and strategic engineering initiatives. You'll have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop while building a team.At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for amazing Engineers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering a whole new business to deliver at scale.This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters.
- Translate test results into meaningful product life metrics and highlight shortcomings on any metrics not met
- Collaborate and work synergistically with external vendors and internal product design, design teams, system reliability, quality engineers and FA teams to de-risk, drive root cause and implement necessary corrective actions
- Assess technical feasibility of new product features and concepts.
- Oversee a team of hardware reliability engineers for multiple projects throughout the entire life cycle
- Ensure the success and development of individuals on the project team by defining clear expectations, providing timely and specific feedback, and holding others accountable.
- Identify mentorship opportunities and coordinate training and professional development for your team.
- Provide technical oversight on statistical risk and characterization of Lyft hardware products.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience with reliability or quality engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience with people management
- Statistical analysis experience including Monte Carlo Analysis, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility
- Experience in applying design for reliability techniques (FTA, DFMEA) and reliability modeling techniques
- Ability to influence decision makers through both written documentation and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful completion of multiple products launches with experience in both high volume and hardware start-ups
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in Electric Vehicle design for reliability
- Broad, cross-functional understanding of hardware product execution such as ME/PD, ID, cost, and factory/operations.
- Past experience with ODM / CM models of product development.
- Deep knowledge in one or more engineering disciplines.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.