Insights Specialist, Outreach innovation
Lyft, Nashville, TN
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Outreach Innovation Team’s mission is to proactively enhance the user experience across the entire customer ecosystem. Our ultimate goal is to make Lyft the transportation platform of choice for riders and drivers. The team is made up of specialized associates who unblock customers at pivotal moments of their customer journey. This includes helping drivers complete their application and start driving, communicating important events and milestones to users, and other initiatives aimed at improving our customer’s experience.
The Insights Specialist will work with leads across all of these customer enhancement projects to estimate and monitor impact and shape future strategy and opportunities for the program by delivering insights.
This work is heavily cross-functional, and while the Insights Specialist will own the analytics for Outreach Innovation, the position will sit on the Product Operations Data Analytics team. The Data Analytics team takes a strong data-driven approach to identify the highest potential opportunities to unlock additional impact that is fundamental to Lyft’s success. The broad scope of the team enables it to be nimble and focus on the highest priority problem areas.
We are looking for analytical talent to provide insights and actionable recommendations that will drive impact and produce quality business decisions. The ideal candidate takes initiative, over-communicates, and works with the team to make it happen. You naturally find themes, patterns and trends and love sharing your findings. You are excited to explore processes, and apply creative thinking to solutions.
- Develop frameworks and deliver analyses and insights to guide decision-making and prioritization across functions
- Uncover new areas of opportunity to enhance Lyft’s customer experience
- Manage, build, and automate models and reporting to provide regional and national teams with actionable insights on volume, efficiency, and customer experience
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data and analyses to influence business strategy and product roadmaps
- Regularly partner with Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Data Science
- Present findings, recommendations, and results to senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders in creative and compelling ways
- Looks for correlation and causation to relate actions to impact
- Identifies solutions to problems that we don’t even know exist yet
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years experience in management consulting, strategic data science/analytics roles in a technology company, or an equivalent analytical role in a high growth startup
- Proficiency in SQL - Ability to independently break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources
- Ability to craft a compelling story and concisely present recommendations across teams and levels including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to use data visualization tools to provide actionable insights and reusable frameworks
- Strong product and user experience sense
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate, and inspire others in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Balance between intellectual curiosity and the desire to roll up your sleeves and execute
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world