Lead Automotive Technician, Collision
Lyft, Austin, TX
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance and repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As the Lead Vehicle Service Technician, you will report into the Vehicle Service Manager and you’ll be responsible for the development and successful implementation of vehicle standard operating and technical procedures, workflows, trainings, etc. for our entire collision team. The ideal candidate will be a skilled technician and leader from the automotive service industry and have a deep understanding of automobile repair as well as working to standard procedures and processes. Our focus is on doing all work, exactly right, the first time. This thoughtful approach requires someone with logical planning skills and a resulting systematic approach to getting things done. Our Lead Technicians are our primary resource in, solving problems and delivering the highest quality work for our vehicle services.
- Act as the highest quality vehicle maintenance, diagnostic, and service technician
- Execute against and lead our collision technician team in the achievement of our KPIs and practices
- Create documentation of repair plans and initiate parts ordering as needed
- Lead our technician team in the ongoing development of our service center operating system, its continuous improvement, and its resulting performance
- Support the creation and implementation of our standard process and problem-solving methods for our vehicle service technicians and administrative service teams
- Coach and continuously develop our local technician teams in their development; including mentoring and certifying their technical skills and capabilities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a continuous basis and comply with Lyft’s repair, safety, and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains and executes system standards and visual management
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency and resolve complex issues
- Achieves ongoing technical and process training and certification
- Responsible for performing and documenting daily equipment inspections and ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- 6+ years of experience
- Trained in restraint system diagnosis, replacement, and reprogramming (-ICAR preferred)
- Expert with the latest sectioning, welding, bonding, riveting techniques (I-CAR preferred)
- Proficient with latest 3-dimensional measurement equipment and accurate repair techniques
- Advanced knowledge and experience in automotive body repairs
- OEM, ASE, or I-CAR certifications preferred
- Experience with frame machines and laser measurers preferred
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Capable of standing, walking, and completing repeated physical actions and functions for ~8 hours per day
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
The global destination for luxury fashion