Manager Corporate Communications
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a member of the Lyft Communications team you’ll help bring the Lyft story to life for riders, drivers, partners and communities
We imagine a world where cities are designed around people rather than cars. We have a bold vision and a clear plan to get there. We’re already making progress. It is a compelling story and we’re looking for experienced and creative communications professionals to help tell it.
In this Corporate Communications role, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing strategic communications plans making use of all of the tools in the modern communications toolbox, including earned media, owned content, partnerships, and digital and social strategies. You’ll work closely with leaders in other business functions and with others on the Communications team, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to key partners.
We’re looking for strategic thinkers and creative storytellers who are willing to experiment and try new things. You’ll have a passion for using data to inform your work, and you’ll have a strong record of working collaboratively with co-workers and with internal partners. You’ll have experience of building strong and productive relationships with reporters and influencers.
We’re a fun team with an important role at a mission driven company. Come and join us.
- Drive world-class communications programs in support of Lyft’s social impact programs (LyftUp), diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts and reputation management / crisis needs.
- Define compelling corporate narratives that support the company’s broader narrative and vision and strengthen Lyft’s image and reputation with corporate stakeholders (team members, local communities, investors, policymakers, partners and more).
- Partner with cross-functional leaders and teams - including People, Legal, Policy, Social Impact and more - to build compelling and strategic communications strategies, campaigns and plans.
- Work directly with top tier media to help them be successful and ensure they understand Lyft’s vision, programs and progress.
- Design and build integrated communications capability including across new and emerging platforms.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, a sense of urgency, and attention to detail while remaining calm under pressure.
- 8-10 years of communications experience. Experience in a corporate communications or public affairs role desired; experience as an effective spokesperson required.
- Rock solid writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Experience working in competitive and dynamic industries.
- Strong experience developing narratives that align with the company mission and resonate with audiences.
- Proven experience as a trusted communications advisor to business partners and leaders.
- Deep experience building constructive relationships with top tier reporters, editors and influencers.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.