Senior Payments Partnerships Manager
Lyft, U.S. Anywhere
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Payment Jobs team is the core of how Lyft operates. From enabling passengers to take rides to paying the drivers, we ensure frictionless interactions on our platform. The team is responsible for every dollar that moves through our acquiring partners, our networks, and our internal systems. The Payments team’s mission is to make payments efficient, effective, and low-cost for Lyft and to open the payments industry to Lyft’s innovation. Trusted payments is fundamental to the Lyft marketplace, and the Payments team is charged with ensuring all money flows through our payments system reliably and accurately. The engineering challenge and opportunity is to enable a superior and secure experience through the Lyft app for passengers and drivers resulting in a near instantaneous flow of funds for all participants.
The Payments team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the entire sharing industry. In addition to launching new features, the Payments team is also the architect and owner of a robust and flexible payments platform which enables other teams at Lyft to leverage.
We’re looking for a rock-star to join a fast-paced and transformational company to manage various partnerships with our external payments and Fintech partners to accelerate the development, launch and expansion of various programs.
Within Payments, we work with our external partners/vendors, along with our peers in other cross-functional areas to deliver the best possible payments experience. This individual will work with multiple external and cross-functional teams to manage multiple payment initiatives across the company, applying their deep working knowledge of payment processes and systems.
- Manage relationships with key payment partners by owning all key relationships and manage all operational components of those relationships including onboarding, escalation, and day-to-day general management.
- Support cross functional teams for payment platforms to build-out critical tools, create and automate processes where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve issues from beginning to end, working with engineering and external partners to address issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Work with internal and external stakeholder to optimize payment flows to increase revenue and manage costs
- Be responsible to maintain service levels globally
- Work with partners to develop a compelling partnership that helps drive adoption of new programs among Lyft’s user base
- Manage complex contract negotiations
- Develop quarterly account plans for external partners and prioritize quarterly roadmap
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the business performance and establish a periodic business review with external partners to address key business issues
- 8 - 10 years of experience in payment partnerships, ecommerce, and retail experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing fintech partnerships, card network relationships and alternative payment methods
- Knowledge of end-to-end payments acceptance, reconciliation and reporting capabilities
- Experience managing projects for complex cross functional initiatives
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrixed environment
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Data driven approach for ongoing operational performance measurement and tracking
- B.A. is preferred
- 10+ years of work experience
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation
- History of effectively managing external customers and successfully working with internal teams to build new capability and implement projects
- Show independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and cross-functional team influence
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor in all situations
- Being vocally self-critical
- Strong problem-solving and service orientation
- Payment expert on internal working of banking systems and card networks
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Tech Jobs For You
Accounting Manager, External Reporting & Compliance
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States