Auto Body Collision Technician (Senior Level)
Lyft, Los Angeles, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance and repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Collision Technician at Lyft, you will report to our Vehicle Service Manager and will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification and improvement of our work standards and processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving and collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customers and fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Act as the highest quality body repair technician
- Performs disassembly and reassembly processes including mechanical and suspension
- Provide training, assistance, and mentoring of technicians
- Clean and detail vehicles, as needed
- Use a logical, structured approach towards finding solutions to problems
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a continuous basis and comply with Lyft’s repair, safety, and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains and executes system standards and visual management
- Achieves ongoing technical and process training and certification
- Responsible for performing and documenting daily equipment inspections and ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency and resolve complex issues
- 4+ years of automotive experience with hands-on service, maintenance, or collision
- General knowledge of structural repairs
- Has worked professionally in the field with new vehicle dealer services
- Has advanced knowledge and experience in automobile repairs
- Capable of OBD II Diagnostics
- Trained in restraint system diagnosis, replacement, and reprogramming (ICAR preferred)
- OEM, ASE, or ICAR certifications preferred
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Capable of standing, walking, and completing repeated physical actions and functions for ~8 hours per day
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.