Software Engineer, Perception - Autonomy
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Work on core perception algorithms such as objection detection, tracking, segmentation, and state space estimation
- Build segmentation and classification algorithms on LiDAR point cloud data
- Implement state-of-the-art detectors and tracking for vision
- Develop sensor fusion algorithms for radar, LiDAR, and vision modalities
- Implement real-time algorithms (< 10 milliseconds) on CPU/GPU in C++
- Build tools and infrastructure to evaluate the performance of perception stack and track it over time
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to produce production-quality C++
- Strong background in mathematics, linear algebra, geometry, and probability
- Ability to build machine learning applications using a broad range of tools such as decision trees, Hidden Markov Models, deep neural networks, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Openness to new / different ideas. Ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on first principles
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years experience working in a related role
- 5+ years developing in C++ / Python
- Hands on experience with applying deep learning to computer vision or other sensor data
- Experience with GPU programming in CUDA
- Experience with classical computer vision techniques like structure from motion, RANSAC, Hough transformations, camera calibration, pinhole projection models, etc.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Microservices
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Lead iOS Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer, Business Systems
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland
Cloud Architect (m/f)
Advanced Supplier Quality Engineer
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA