Senior Financial Analyst, Rideshare Strategic Finance
Lyft, U.S. Anywhere
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst for its Rideshare Strategic Finance team. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in helping build a financial foundation for a rapidly growing, post-IPO company. This is a highly visible position with the ability to influence key business decisions. We have a world-class finance team that has a reputation for going above and beyond to get things done and we are looking for someone who is a team-player with a service attitude.
As one of the key members on the team owning strategy for the Rideshare business, this person will work with business partners to drive strategic decisions through quantitative analysis to set the long-term vision for the company. The candidate will work directly with key stakeholders across Rideshare in planning, forecasting, and reporting key metrics to senior leadership.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop long-term investment strategy and strategic planning for the Rideshare line of business
- Support annual budgeting process to streamline business partner input and set targets across the organization
- Develop from the ground-up, and then own on an ongoing basis, robust and scalable processes to inform long-range planning and track performance
- Maintain and refresh the long range plan to set financial milestones for the group while supporting the capital allocation process
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide recommendations that help operate business with a high degree of efficiency
- Evaluate on trade-offs between growth and profitability (ROI driven accountability)
- Collaborate with Rideshare business partners to evaluate new market launches, partnerships, product initiatives, pricing strategy and other investment opportunities
- Support Brand Marketing leaders to measure the return on marketing investment
- Collaborate with Investor Relations by analyzing relevant financial information in preparation for the earnings call and investor presentations
- Team up with Corporate Development to create Board of Directors financials
- Evaluate key drivers of operating performance, issues and challenges facing the businesses, major investment themes and relevant trends in the transportation industry
- Proactively identify and analyze avenues to improve financial and operational profitability, stability, and risk
- Prepare and review executive-level and board of director materials, summarizing findings and recommendations
- Collaborate with business partners to provide ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 4+ years of work experience in Strategic Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking or Private Equity role is highly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills with experience building and reviewing detailed financial models, complex formulas and manipulating large data sets
- Comfortable navigating financial statements as well as performing ROI analysis
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter with a drive to dig into complex problems, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $114,000-$121,000 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and all U.S. territories: Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.