- Corporate Securities: (a) manage and update the capitalization table; (b) schedule Board of Director Meetings; (c) assist with the preparation of materials for and coordination of Board Meetings; (d) assist with the closing of financial rounds; (e) assist with filing of corporate minutes and other documents; and (f) take responsibility for annual corporate filings and franchise tax payments.
- Corporate Matters: (a) be the point person for all inquiries related to non-disclosure agreements; (b) be responsible for the electronic execution and filing of non-disclosure agreements; (c) update and maintain the NDA-log; (d) provide monthly updates of expiring NDAs to executive staff; and (e) handle negotiations to conclusion for NDAs.
- Patent Portfolio Management: (a) Work with inventors and patent counsel to prepare filings; (b) obtain signatures of inventors; (c) update the various patent schedules and tables; (d) deliver awards to inventors pursuant to the patent award policy; (e) file issued patents; and (f) schedule and coordinate monthly patent committee meetings.
- Immigration: (a) Work with Human Resources and immigration counsel to obtain visas for foreign candidates; (b) work with employees and immigration counsel to apply/renew work visas; (c) work with employees to collect and deliver various documentations required for their application; (d) schedule calls with immigration counsel and employees as needed; and (e) provide updates to managers and employees on immigration status.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working as a corporate paralegal with at least 2 years spent working in-house.
- Must have 5+ corporate securities experience at a private company or firm
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, be in a start-up or high-tech company, by operating independently, efficiently, and proactively solving problems.
- Adept at using various enterprise applications including Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Keynote, Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Calm and confident under pressure.
- Team player who works well with others.
- Passion for Lytro and what we do.
- Nice to have corporate matters, patent portfolio management and immigration.
- JD from an accredited law school.
At Lytro, we believe that Light Field will continue to shape the course of Virtual and Augmented Reality, and we’re incredibly proud of the role we’ve been able to play in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’ve uncovered challenges we never dreamed of and made breakthroughs at a seemingly impossible pace. We’ve had some spectacular successes, and built entire systems that no one thought possible. More importantly, we built a team that was singularly unified in its focus and unrivaled in its dedication. It has been an honor and a pleasure to contribute to the cinema and Virtual Reality communities, but starting today we will not be taking on new productions or providing professional services as we prepare to wind down the company. We’re excited to see what new opportunities the future brings for the Lytro team as we go our separate ways. We would like to thank the various communities that have supported us and hope that our paths will cross in the future. Lytro was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Ren Ng, whose Ph.D. research on Light Field imaging won Stanford University’s prize for best thesis in computer science. In late 2015, Lytro announced the world's first Light Field solution for Virtual Reality (VR), Lytro Immerge, that was quickly followed by the 2016 launch of Lytro Cinema, the world's first Light Field capture system for cinematic content. With these products, Lytro pioneered the generational shift from legacy 2D imaging to 3D volumetric video.
Want to learn more about Lytro? Visit Lytro's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one