- Operate and script cross platform tools and scripts for Deadline, Nuke, Shotgun, RV, Maya and other 3rd party applications.
- Help build the pipeline and integrate custom software into the rendering pipeline.
- Support and debugging of the render pipeline tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
- Collaborate closely with the Render Supervisor, VFX Sups, engineers, systems admins and end users to determine the best solutions for project stakeholders
- Create and update thorough documentation of all development as necessary.
- Perform ongoing research to recommend continuous improvements to our processes and workflows
- Mentor colleagues on rendering workflows and best practices.
- Help anticipate and build our systems for flexibility and scale to meet the resource needs of our customers, both internal and external.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering and a minimum of 2 years experience supporting and maintaining pipeline tools in a production context.
- High degree of comfort with *nix environments, or 1 year of Linux sysadmin experience
- Strong python and shell scripting skills. Can rapidly prototype features and modules to demonstrate proofs of concept.
- A thorough understanding of the entire visual effects process including on-set capture, DI, compositing and rendering
- Detail orientation and a strong ability to multi-task
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Complete knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Excellent communication skills. Lytro's environment is highly collaborative and you'll have the opportunity to express your ideas to executives, engineers, and external customers to help shape our roadmap.
- C++ coding experience developing tools and/or plugins
- Experience integrating and transitioning new tools and workflows in a production environment; ie: Maya to Katana, or Nim to Shotgun, or Arnold to Renderman.
- PyQt is a strong plus
At Lytro, we believe that Light Field will continue to shape the course of Virtual and Augmented Reality, and we’re incredibly proud of the role we’ve been able to play in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’ve uncovered challenges we never dreamed of and made breakthroughs at a seemingly impossible pace. We’ve had some spectacular successes, and built entire systems that no one thought possible. More importantly, we built a team that was singularly unified in its focus and unrivaled in its dedication. It has been an honor and a pleasure to contribute to the cinema and Virtual Reality communities, but starting today we will not be taking on new productions or providing professional services as we prepare to wind down the company. We’re excited to see what new opportunities the future brings for the Lytro team as we go our separate ways. We would like to thank the various communities that have supported us and hope that our paths will cross in the future. Lytro was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Ren Ng, whose Ph.D. research on Light Field imaging won Stanford University’s prize for best thesis in computer science. In late 2015, Lytro announced the world's first Light Field solution for Virtual Reality (VR), Lytro Immerge, that was quickly followed by the 2016 launch of Lytro Cinema, the world's first Light Field capture system for cinematic content. With these products, Lytro pioneered the generational shift from legacy 2D imaging to 3D volumetric video.
Want to learn more about Lytro? Visit Lytro's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.