- Responsible for improving and automating Lytro’s hybrid data storage solutions both in the cloud and on local servers.
- Develop software solutions, tools, and processes that allow non-developers to easily and efficiently harness the power of 100,000 cores, at the push of a button.
- Write Python software to manage the installation, maintenance and monitoring of production servers for our Lytro team and clients.
- Manage cloud based environments via automation and configuration management tools in a Linux environment.
- Write highly performance Python and shell scripts and / or Python software to handle the transfer and storage of petabytes of light field data.
- Ensure that code is of highest quality, reliable, and properly versioned to ensure regular, safe, staged rollout of new features.
- Leverage Chef or other related technologies (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, etc.) to automate the deployment of solutions to the cloud.
- Create and maintain documentation and diagrams for distributed system architecture, scripts, and deployment processes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- MUST have 3 years of strong Python programming skills and Python scripting or shell scripting experience.
- Experience developing software and writing scripts within Linux and cloud environments.
- Experience managing virtual machines and software deployments for the Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Handling the transfer and storage of petabytes of data against highly performance distributed file systems in the cloud.
- Hands-on usage of git and experience managing Jenkins jobs.
- Experience with nfs, smb, and rsync protocols, large data transfers and networking.
- Familiarity with render farm management software such as Deadline or Qube.
- Interest in virtual reality, cinematography, and/or photography.
At Lytro, we believe that Light Field will continue to shape the course of Virtual and Augmented Reality, and we’re incredibly proud of the role we’ve been able to play in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’ve uncovered challenges we never dreamed of and made breakthroughs at a seemingly impossible pace. We’ve had some spectacular successes, and built entire systems that no one thought possible. More importantly, we built a team that was singularly unified in its focus and unrivaled in its dedication. It has been an honor and a pleasure to contribute to the cinema and Virtual Reality communities, but starting today we will not be taking on new productions or providing professional services as we prepare to wind down the company. We’re excited to see what new opportunities the future brings for the Lytro team as we go our separate ways. We would like to thank the various communities that have supported us and hope that our paths will cross in the future. Lytro was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Ren Ng, whose Ph.D. research on Light Field imaging won Stanford University’s prize for best thesis in computer science. In late 2015, Lytro announced the world's first Light Field solution for Virtual Reality (VR), Lytro Immerge, that was quickly followed by the 2016 launch of Lytro Cinema, the world's first Light Field capture system for cinematic content. With these products, Lytro pioneered the generational shift from legacy 2D imaging to 3D volumetric video.
Want to learn more about Lytro? Visit Lytro's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.