- Defining the principles and practices that drive quality in software construction for the Cloud Team
- Responsible for writing automated testing tools and libraries. These should cover unit, functional and integration testing approaches.
- Writing test scenarios and test cases as needed
- Developing testing harnesses and approaches to scaffolding and mocking complex sub-systems and web services as well as other software objects
- Troubleshooting difficult software, filesystem and networking issues
- Working with third party testing libraries including Pytest and Selenium as well as Swagger and other api documentation and testing tools
- Configuring advanced CI and deploy strategies including commit driven deployment with webhooks and IM (Instant Messaging - ie. Slack) integration
- Ensuring high test coverage across all internal tools for Lytro’s cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrating how to effectively test software components wherever they exist
Required Skills & Experience:
- MUST have 3 Years industry experience with Automated testing or equivalent background in software automation
- Ability to write clean, well structured Python scripts
- Knowledge of Testing and Software Construction Paradigms
- Experience with Selenium, pytest, coverage.py or equivalent libraries
- Linux / Unix experience
- Software creation experience in Python
- Hands-on usage of git and experience managing Jenkins jobs.
- Familiarity with render farm management software such as Deadline or Qube.
- Interest in virtual reality, cinematography, VFX, and/or photography.
- Experience with shipping software for a large user base
At Lytro, we believe that Light Field will continue to shape the course of Virtual and Augmented Reality, and we’re incredibly proud of the role we’ve been able to play in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’ve uncovered challenges we never dreamed of and made breakthroughs at a seemingly impossible pace. We’ve had some spectacular successes, and built entire systems that no one thought possible. More importantly, we built a team that was singularly unified in its focus and unrivaled in its dedication. It has been an honor and a pleasure to contribute to the cinema and Virtual Reality communities, but starting today we will not be taking on new productions or providing professional services as we prepare to wind down the company. We’re excited to see what new opportunities the future brings for the Lytro team as we go our separate ways. We would like to thank the various communities that have supported us and hope that our paths will cross in the future. Lytro was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Ren Ng, whose Ph.D. research on Light Field imaging won Stanford University’s prize for best thesis in computer science. In late 2015, Lytro announced the world's first Light Field solution for Virtual Reality (VR), Lytro Immerge, that was quickly followed by the 2016 launch of Lytro Cinema, the world's first Light Field capture system for cinematic content. With these products, Lytro pioneered the generational shift from legacy 2D imaging to 3D volumetric video.
Want to learn more about Lytro? Visit Lytro's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.