- Experience coding in C++ at the software level
- Write tools in Python to automate our light field processing, and support our light field processing algorithm development teams.
- Create algorithms and software solutions to help automate complex light field-specific workflows within various post-production teams.
- Write software plugins for Nuke, Maya and Houdini.
- Work with cloud operations team to write tools for Light Field processing
- Work closely with post production artists to identify requirements for new tooling.
- Write applications and visual effects plugins for efficiently visualizing and interacting with Light Field data (ie. 3D geometry and mesh data).
- Develop tooling for VR specific applications (e.g. in-headset compositing tools).
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years software development experience in C++..
- Expert-level skills in advanced data structures and multi-threaded development.
- Proficiency in Python development.
- Degree in Computer Science or Math or equivalent industry experience.
- Knowledge of compositing workflows, compositing tooling.
- Experience developing software for post production environments.
- Experience developing visual effects plugins for Nuke, Maya or Houdini.
- Communicates well with cross-functional teams and clients
- Experience with 3D modeling or computer graphics or OpenGL / DirectX, as it applies to real-time rendering of 3D data or volumetric data visualization.
At Lytro, we believe that Light Field will continue to shape the course of Virtual and Augmented Reality, and we’re incredibly proud of the role we’ve been able to play in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’ve uncovered challenges we never dreamed of and made breakthroughs at a seemingly impossible pace. We’ve had some spectacular successes, and built entire systems that no one thought possible. More importantly, we built a team that was singularly unified in its focus and unrivaled in its dedication. It has been an honor and a pleasure to contribute to the cinema and Virtual Reality communities, but starting today we will not be taking on new productions or providing professional services as we prepare to wind down the company. We’re excited to see what new opportunities the future brings for the Lytro team as we go our separate ways. We would like to thank the various communities that have supported us and hope that our paths will cross in the future. Lytro was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Ren Ng, whose Ph.D. research on Light Field imaging won Stanford University’s prize for best thesis in computer science. In late 2015, Lytro announced the world's first Light Field solution for Virtual Reality (VR), Lytro Immerge, that was quickly followed by the 2016 launch of Lytro Cinema, the world's first Light Field capture system for cinematic content. With these products, Lytro pioneered the generational shift from legacy 2D imaging to 3D volumetric video.
Want to learn more about Lytro? Visit Lytro's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like
Frontend Software Engineer - Developer Platform