Senior Technical Product Manager - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Are you passionate about building web products? Do you obsess over details and enjoy organizing and leading teams? Do you have a love-of-learning and an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude?
We are looking for an Technical Product Manager to join our Applications team and drive execution from concept to launch. In this role, you will be tasked with understanding concepts and requirements, shepherding software development execution from design to technical implementation and measuring progress on an ongoing basis. The right candidate for this role has product and project/scrum master experience as you will build the execution support structure and be a key driver of the initiatives for fast-paced, cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is a team motivator who enjoys living in the trenches and driving the details home. You’re an organized communicator and well-versed in finding new ways to make it easier for teams to effectively work together. You have a passion for learning and can balance product strategy with tactical execution.
- Participate in planning and own the execution of our product ecosystem roadmap, delivering high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- Champion grooming, iteration planning, organizing and motivating teams to achieve a higher level of performance through value-driven practices.
- Build and manage weekly iteration and project release cadences; plan/lead weekly execution for design and development teams to ensure work is executed and new work is ready to be prepped.
- Be savvy enough to understand business objectives to drive value but tactical enough to understand and unblock technical dependencies.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and designers to refine product artifacts, requirements and use cases to ensure they are ready for development.
- Write status updates, iteration delivery and release notes as necessary
- Earn trust from your team and mentor them to maintain the positive dynamic and start-up work environment we have fostered; shield them from external interferences.
- Strong experience as a Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Project, and/or Product Manager; this is a unicorn role but we know you are out there!
- Flexible approach suited for achieving the right amount of process needed to be effective without over-burdening the team.
- Hands-on experience with supporting and teaching Agile practices.
- Ability to speak the product development language, build cross-functional consensus among engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of priority; sound judgment when faced with trade-off decisions.
- Track record of writing clear and concise plans, requirements, status updates and product results.
- Self-starter motivation and comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment with little direction, while focusing on high-impact work.
- BA/BS or Equivalent Experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”