Software Engineer, Unity, Quantified Research
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
In this position, you will work with Magic Leap’s Quantified experience team in developing and optimizing applications that will help understand the impact on human visual perception, help define engineering and design specifications, and make recommendations to improve visual perception in mixed reality. This position will offer you the chance to work closely with both hardware engineers and other cross-platform software engineers
The QX team provides subject matter expertise on a variety of topics related to human vision ranging from the physiology of the visual system to visual perception. It informs leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and works closely with Systems, Optical Engineering, Health Care, Human Factors, UX/UI and other teams. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
The position will be in Plantation, Florida and will require you to come into our HQ office.
- 2+ years’ experience developing with the Unity3D platform
- Good understanding of 3D Math and 3D Graphics
- Desire to grow expertise in modern Unity3D/C# and 3D user experiences
- Ability to write clean, fast, maintainable, reusable code
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Experience with Android development either in Android framework, or Android applications
- Experience with C++/OpenGL, Vulkan or other 3D graphics libraries
- Preferably knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab (especially using the psychtoolbox), Python
- Experience with development for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), or other forms of head mounted displays (HMDs)
- Research experience with human subjects is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.