Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Design, deploy & maintain systems across interconnected networks and locations using LAN, WAN, Wireless and VPN technologies. Manage enterprise Windows, Linux, Unix and other application servers across multiple locations. Schedule installation, upgrades and maintains systems in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Design, and deploy complex systems and network solutions that support 24x7 environments
- Perform data backups and data recovery operations of the virtual environment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and determine root cause analysis of complex system problems and provide solutions in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Windows 2008/2012/2012 R2 Active Directory Environment & Servers Administration
- Build, maintain and support Isilon storage systems
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading operating systems (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- VMWare Virtualization w/ VSphere 6.x Administration & Veeam
- Cisco & Juniper Routers & Switch Administration (configuration & troubleshooting)
- Research & Development of new technologies & development of Proof of Concept demos
- Create, maintain and update all documentation including current procedures, training materials etc.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and management of systems to ensure high availability and performance
- Experience in a mixed Windows, MacOS and Linux desktop environment
- 5+ years of experience supporting 24X7, high availability application environments, servers, load balancing systems and clustered shared storage solutions
- Thorough knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems
- 5+ Years Hands on advanced knowledge of Windows Networking (Active Directory, DHCP, DDNS) 7.
- Strong (TCP/IP, STP & Ethernet) knowledge & troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years experience supporting VMWare / vSphere w/ DRS, HA VMotion, and vSwitch
- 1+ years experience supporting VMWare in a Nutanix environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the following:
- Linux Administration
- Windows Active Directory Administration
- Enterprise Backup solution
- Enterprise Storage Area Networks
- 2+ Working Knowledge of DevOps environment
- Working knowledge of cloud-based solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision and work extended hours
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university; or 10+ years of related experience and/or training
- Desired Certifications:
- At least 1 or more of the following: VMware Certified Professional, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Desired Certifications: Juniper Certified Network Associate (JNCIA)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”