Systems Engineer, Sensor Fusion Algorithms
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Mixed reality devices need to sense and understand the users and the world around them with tremendous precision and speed. A wide variety of sensors, visual, 3D, inertial, magnetic and other components will be at your disposal. You will use your expertise to conduct experiments, devise algorithms, design calibration procedures, and perform analysis to help design the best sensing systems for our products. This is a critical role that provides the underpinnings for core product features, and greatly impacts our product design and performance.
- Prototype advanced sensor fusion algorithms that take advantage of novel sensor choices and configurations.
- Define metrics for calibration procedures, algorithm performance, and design robust, partially automated experiments.
- Mature prototype algorithms with well-defined metrics
- Push the boundaries of accuracy, noise, and other performance indicators for a variety of sensing systems with best possible architectural and algorithmic design.
- Participate in strategic discussions around sensor architecture, sensor calibration and prototype algorithms arising from creative combinations of sensors
- Strong experience with real-time filtering approach of sensor fusion
- Experience with loose/tight integration sensor fusion approaches
- Strong familiarity with IMU sensor characteristics, and familiarity with other sensor classes
- Proven fluency in Python and/or C++
- Ability to rapidly become proficient in unfamiliar fields
- Ability to reason at any layer of the stack, from hardware to software, and calibration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
● Relevant B.S degree (CS, EE, Physics, ME) + 5 years experience. M.S. or Ph.D is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Cherwell Software, Colorado
Software Engineer, Rendering
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Axoni, New York City
Mobcrush, Santa Monica, CA
Technical Lead Engineer - Customer Management
OnDeck, Denver, CO
Engineering Manager: Data/Systems
Oscar, New York