SDET - Middleware and Embedded Services - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Software Developer in Test for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will focus on the test development, execution and requirements validation of our Middleware and Embedded Services components and their functionality with in our product
- Work with the development, program management, and test teams to define, develop, and execute white box tests at the API level and back box tests and system level that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of Middleware and Embedded Services components
- Wifi Protocol and Interoperability
- Bluetooth Protocol and Interoperability
- Life Cycle Management
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 7+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on Middleware and Embedded Services testing
- Knowledgeable on 802.11 b, g, n, ac, Bluetooth MAP, HFP, HID, HOGP, GATT
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Knowledgeable on Android Application Lifecycle and basic application development and app publishing
- Hands-on experience with Git, Perforce, or other version control management system
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”