Senior Optical Engineer, Polarization & Test
Magic Leap, Inc., Boulder, CO
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The Senior Optical Engineer must have experience with lens, prism, and polarization components including LCoS panels, wave-plates, and polarizers. Design experience with polarization modeling, testing and test equipment. Also familiarity with projector brightness, contrast, light scattering, and color engineering. Designs, executes, and tests to collect statistically significant data to define technical specifications and product requirements. Candidate must be able to complete product sub-assemblies within a given project time frame.
- Assist team of talented optical, electrical and software engineers with product development and design improvement efforts.
- Supports projects as a hands-on contributor using technical and administrative skills to oversee and complete engineering projects
- Responsible for researching, planning, and designing electro-optical products and systems.
- Accomplishes and coordinates activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production.
- Establish, direct, and conduct component and system verification and validation tests
- Performs engineering work and applies engineering principles developing, modifying designs, testing, and metrology of components and sub systems.
- 7+ years’ experience in designing, modeling and testing of projection or display systems.
- Experience with test and metrology needed to put display systems into production.
- Familiar with a variety of illumination sources and design concepts: lasers, flash lamps, LEDs, halogen source.
- Capable of optical system alignment, critical analysis, troubleshooting, testing and characterization.
- Proven track record of leadership, project organization and innovation.
- Demonstrated creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- BS degree in Optical Physics, Physics, or related engineering field is required.
- MS degree in Optical Physics, Physics, or related engineering field is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Design analysis for contrast, polarization state, uniformity, and light scattering. Analysis of high quality imaging systems is required. Design of experiment and testing of optical components. Working with vendors on specifications and test setups.
- Design - Translates concepts and information into detailed optical designs for polarization and contrast optimization. Tester design and development for polarization components in particular is desired.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer I
Rapid7, Belfast, UK
HaptX, San Luis Obispo Office
Senior Software Engineer
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Engineering Lead (m/f/d)
Sr. Security Consultant- SIEM - LogRhythm (any U.S. Location)
Optiv, Denver CO, US
Security Engineer, Detection and Response
MongoDB, New York City