Senior, Product Manager Collaboration Suite
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap’s Social, Communication, and Collaboration suite is a powerful platform for bringing communication and sharing back into the natural, spatial world. For developers and enterprises, this includes a range of API’s and platform capabilities that unlock powerful use cases and experiences. For end-users, it includes the Avatar Chat application and other social features on Magic Leap.
We are seeking a seasoned product manager to drive its vision and execution of this platform for developers, enterprises, and end-users. In this role, you’ll oversee development for features and API’s that define how people communicate and collaborate spatially on Magic Leap. You will own the product strategy and roadmap for user-facing applications and features, as well as the overall platform for content developers.
Sitting at the intersection of the market, design, and technology, you will work closely with cross-functional teams and senior executives to represent the needs of customers and determine what to develop. Working closely with stakeholders from Software, Hardware, Design and Marketing, you will have overall responsibility for defining, launching and validating compelling product features that address quantified user needs.
As a candidate for this role, you should have a proven track record of owning strategic products from concept to launch, strong customer focus and business judgment, and be skilled at breaking down complex, high-level ideas into executable features and distinct phases. Strong user experience skills and the ability to influence cross functionally and across the organization, at all levels, will be critical to success in this role.
- Own the overall vision, product strategy and feature roadmap for the Social, Communication, and Collaboration platform on Magic Leap
- Identify market opportunities and business cases for current and future products by leveraging user data and market research
- Understand developer and consumer user needs, and translate them into product requirements
- Manage the product/feature roadmap from strategic planning to end execution
- Analyze potential partner relationships to enhance the offering
- Work collaboratively with engineers, designers, prototypers, and researchers across the company
- 3+ years product management experience
- Prior experience creating and maintaining API’s
- Ability to deliver meaningful contribution to technically-driven features intended to make applications more performant, reliable, and secure
- Experience working with emerging platforms, operating systems and/or developing software stacks
- Demonstrated ability to take ideas from concept to execution
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts.
- BA/BS Degree (preferably in computer science or an engineering related discipline)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technical Writer
Treasure Data, Mountain View, CA
Senior Sound Designer
PlayStation, Bend, OR
Training and Certification Coordinator
HashiCorp, Remote USA
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Cloud)
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager - Platform
Scalable Press, San Francisco, CA