Lead Software Engineer, Mobile AR
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
You will work on expanding Magic Leap’s platform to mobile devices. In this role, you will help build a cross-platform framework that enables large scale shared AR experiences between mobile devices (iOS, Android) and Magic Leap devices. Your work will include implementing high-performance, production quality AR and computer vision algorithms, and designing and building the Magic Leap mobile SDK.
- Lead a team of 2-3 engineers to design, prototype and implement AR algorithms on Android/iOS.
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members. Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates to senior management.
- Design and implement cross-compiled Android/iOS native code in C++.
- Work on optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments for production computer vision and AR algorithms.
- Design and build the Magic Leap SDK for mobile AR.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong experience in building high quality native mobile applications on iOS or Android
- Extensive experience with AR platforms like ARKit or ARCore.
- Experienced in developing and delivering large scale data-driven cross-functional applications
- Proficient in C++.
- Hands on experience with game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience as a technical lead of a project.
- Passion for working in an agile environment
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Hands on with computer vision and machine learning
- Full stack development experience
- Proficiency in python.
- PhD in CS or equivalent.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN
Engineering Manager - Machine Learning Infrastructure
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Extensions
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Clover, New York City
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Design System for Android
Ring, Malvern, PA