Systems Engineer, Control - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking a systems engineer to join the Systems Engineering team. We are a multidisciplinary team, so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside software, electrical, robotics, computer vision, and mechanical engineers. This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. The main focus of this role will be to develop tests for new and existing hardware and software, performing rapid root cause analysis when necessary for the hand-held Control part of our device.
- Collaborate with the systems team to design and conduct experiments on prototypes and sub-systems and analyze data.
- Collaborate with the systems team to design and develop experimental systems (hardware and software) that exercise and test the functionality of complex electro-magnetic-optical-sensing devices with complex human interfaces.
- Hands-on interdisciplinary rapid prototyping of embedded electrical, magnetic, optical, mechanical, sensor, control systems, and high-fidelity proof-of-concept test beds.
- Participate in the designing, building, and maintenance of experimental setups and factory prototype stations.
- Strong background in complex electromechanical systems.
- Strong background in software and automation prototyping.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience with Python and Matlab for simulation and data analysis.
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer languages, systems, and concepts.
Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Experience with mechanical and electrical CAD design software.
- Experience with robotics and control systems.
- Familiarity with analog electronics and soldering irons.
- Experience with mechanical rapid prototyping (3d printer/laser cutter and other rapid prototyping techniques).
- Familiarity with electronic rapid prototyping and programming (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.) and embedded programming languages.
- Familiarity with passive and opto-electronic devices such as diode lasers, LEDs, LCD, and display technologies is a plus.
- B.S in Physics or Engineering plus 2 years of working experience or similar combination of education and industry experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”