Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Highly motivated leader with the technical skills and team leadership behaviors required to deliver Magic Leap’s next generation spatial computing device. Working in an agile, startup environment, the Program Manager, SoC, will be responsible for the design, development, commercialization, and on-time delivery of custom Asics required by our next generation spatial computing device.
- Define program scope, goals and deliverables; incorporate input from cross-functional team members and communicate to senior stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and drive schedule by monitoring progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems. Implement, manage, and communicate program changes.
- Actively assess program health, utilize technical, managerial, and leadership skills to keep program velocity on track. Understand and exercise escalation process both internally and externally to ensure high quality, on-time delivery.
- Lead complex technology partnerships with external vendors, integrate external teams and results into critical path and manage deliverables against SOW’s.
- Work closely with product owners and dependent product teams in defining the vision and ensuring team is doing the right thing for the end user.
- Prioritize team activities, lead decision-making process, and make appropriate commitments to dependent teams and stakeholders.
- Lead team through cycles of learning during the development process, advocate continuous improvement in product and process performance.
- Proactively identify and manage program risk; apply sound engineering problem-solving techniques and innovative mitigation plans to deliver excellence.
- Lead design control activity, including but not limited to requirements, risk analysis, verification and validation protocols and reports, design transfer.
- Implement metrics as required bringing visibility to product and program health.
- Lead process improvement as required to deliver scope of work assigned.
- Facilitate design reviews according to quality requirements, ensure appropriate technical authorities are represented and design feedback is incorporated.
- Support Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs during relevant Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA) and Nonconforming Product Report (NPR) investigations.
- Assist in management of headcount, budget, and purchasing activities.
- Drive, drive, and drive. Appropriate balance of gracious and tenacious.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical program management, program management, or product development role.
- Experience designing, developing, and launching to mass production custom ASICs for consumer electronic devices.
- Deep understanding of hardware and software development processes and procedures as well as knowledge of the product development life cycle.
- Track record of understanding of how and when to use popular project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Critical Path, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google productivity suites.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Quantitative Trading Analyst
Social Media and Community Manager
Luno, Cape Town
IT Support Engineer
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Business Development Representative - EMEA
Senior Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, California
The Democratic Party
Enterprise Security Engineer
The Democratic Party, Washington, DC (DNC HQ)