Senior Software Engineer, Cloud
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL, Toronto, ON
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Cloud Platform team, you will be part of a team building highly scalable services to support web-based applications and mobile devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases and middleware. You will work closely with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Implement systems from technical designs with clean, well-commented, and well- tested code.
- Participate in development planning and prioritization.
- Create and maintain Continuous Integration processes.
- Participate in the professional development of a world-class team of Cloud Engineers.
- Create, champion and drive better metrics and monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our Cloud applications and services.
- 5+ years’ work experience in relevant field.
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, or C/C++.
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Experience with authentication and authorization in the cloud, including access token and secrets management, Single Sign-in, and OAuth.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP) is a must.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Support- CRM Technical Lead/Architect
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Game QA Manager (Relocation Assistance Available)
Prodigy Game, Montreal, Quebec
PLM Applications Support Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Camera Test Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Manager, Support Services
Senior Data Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA