- Designing and prototyping new technology concepts and product architectures for various product designs, including architecting mechanical assemblies and systems for high-volume manufacturing
- Provides technical expertise to the interdisciplinary teams (electrical, software, controls, optics, etc.) distributed globally at various design centers
- Leads, advocates, and enforces best practices in design, development, and testing to ensure product manufacturability, robustness, and function.
- Works to define and communicate requirements, and provides direction to team members for developing test plans that ensure product requirements are met.
- Provides clear direction to the team to maintain POR and identify top priorities.
- Provides strong contributions for system architecture, sub-assemblies, components, fixtures, analysis, and documentation to satisfy the specified requirements.
- Leads and assists in all facets of the regulatory approvals process, including hosting system level design reviews, test plan creation, troubleshooting/mitigation issues.
- Closely interacts with ID, human factors, electronics, machine vision, optical, mechanical, manufacturing, content, and software organizations to derive, validate, and subsequently verify system performance.
- Assists development organization during the product implementation, integration, verification, and certification phases to ensure product requirements are met.
- Leads technical design reviews and critical design reviews representing the concerns of his or her functional specialty on the product development team.
- Expert knowledge of high-volume production fabrication methods used in high-tech consumer products including plastics injection mold tooling and die-casting
- Expert knowledge of SolidWorks, FMEA, tolerance analysis, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Detailed knowledge of direct machining methods for prototyping
- Demonstrated hands-on experience building and testing prototype systems in a team environment
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- 10+ years of mechanical engineering design of consumer products
- 10% travel domestically or internationally
- BA/BS in Mechanical Engineering or related experience in field of study
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Systems Engineer
Endurance International Group, Provo, UT
Senior Software Engineer
Clover Health, Hong Kong
Senior Frontend Developer (Copenhagen)
Issuu, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mechanical Design Engineer
DiDi Labs, Fremont, California
Tech Lead, Ad Platform
Intersection, New York
Staff Software Engineer
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA