Sr. DevOps Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
This is a hands-on Senior DevOps role with Build and Release focus, supporting Magic Leap's mission-critical services, systems and infrastructure tailored for the software organization. In this position, you will be a member of “stellar” team architecting, deploying, provisioning and supporting Magic Leap’s systems in a hybrid environment.
You will help to choose and deploy open-source and proprietary tools and technologies to build and support a cutting edge technology environment, with an emphasis on continuous integration and continuous deployment, high availability systems and services with a low tolerance for the downtime, software releases.
- Deploy and maintain high availability solutions in both multi-cloud environment and multiple colocations with physical assets
- Automate provisioning, monitoring, configuration management and deployments by using industry best practices and tools
- Provide day-to-day operational support of mission-critical systems and services. Pager-duty one week a month
- Respond to Production outages and service disruptions. Triage, escalate, fix and collaborate with peers on the long-term solutions
- Provide expertise in tools used for software development: CI/CD pipelines, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools and etc.
- Work with public cloud platforms with emphasis on Google Cloud Platform. Apply IaaS and IaC concepts.
- Work on systems upgrades, cutovers and infrastructure migrations. Support software releases from DevOps standpoint
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps/Build and Release roles (mid-to-large-scale environments)
- Experience deploying, scaling and administering mission-critical services in the multi-cloud environment (GCP/AWS) and on premises.
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and automating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Concourse and others
- Experience installing, configuring and administering VCS systems: Gerrit, Github, Perforce
- Extremely comfortable with Linux like environments. Comfortable with administering Windows
- Expertise in configuration management automation: Ansible, Chef and etc.
- Ability to quickly respond to production outages, triage complex architectures by following standard operating procedures and escalation workflows
- Familiar with cutting edge virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, GKE
- Experience deploying, configuring and administering multi-tier applications (Proxy layer, Application layer, Data layer: MySQL, PostgreSQL and etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools
- Expertise with the scripting languages: Yaml, Python, Bash and Groovy
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies
- Firm grasp of the Agile SDLC methodology and practices
- Strong communication skills and ability to be a team player.
BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or relevant field preferred, considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Manager, Project Management Lead for Commercial Gene Therapy Products
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Modeling Team - Software Engineer
Looker, Santa Cruz
Axios, Arlington, VA // New York, NY
Senior Consultant, Professional Services - NY
Looker, New York
Project Manager for Tests
Quality Engineer- Web
Lyft, San Francisco