As an ETL Engineer for Magic Leap’s Lifestream team you will have responsibility for the planning and development of our ETL framework in support of the implementation of our Lifestream business function and how it integrates within our product portfolio.
- Perform ETL development, including design and maintenance of back- end processes utilizing workflow engine, custom SQL & Python scripts, and data extract API interfaces
- Build and maintain databases schemas
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain ETL workflows and dependencies
- Install, configure, maintain and upgrade ETL software and repositories
- Develop, optimize, and tune scripts within Big Data environment including Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Kudu, Spark and Kafka
- Support the sustainment and delivery of an automated ETL pipeline, validate that data is extracted from structured and unstructured data inputs , databases, and other repositories, using scripts and other automated capabilities , logs and queries
- Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes, and software enhancements, and understanding SQL coding standards
- Perform data extracts, data purges, or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures and policies
- Troubleshoot performance issues, complete problem tickets, documenting bug fixes, design modifications, and changes based on requirements
- Three + years of experience with one or more of the following:
- SQL, Python, Kafka, Spark, Informatica, Airflow, Java, web services, Git, JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline) or equivalent experience
- Two + years of experience using ETL tools to perform data cleansing, data profiling transforming, and scheduling various workflows
- One year of experience with analysis and performance optimization and data structures, SQL, Python, Java and Spark
- Experience working with application development tools, standards, and languages
- Experience writing monitoring scripts, queries, and automating systems tasks
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”