Senior Manager, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The Senior Manager, Data Engineering and Analytics will lead the design & development of the core data platform based on modern data architecture and implement BI analytics stack. This role will lead a team of data engineers, data integrators and analysts with a wide range of technical skills including Big Data, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, ETL interface, Data Modeling, Data Integration and BI Analytics. This role will help manage priorities, budgets, staffing and skill development within the team. This role will continuously evaluate tools and technology to ensure the efficiency of data platform as well as to make sure the platform integrates well with other components in the overall technology ecosystem.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the team to implement data platform based on modern architecture.
- Work with stakeholders at various levels to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in data ecosystem.
- Ensure that the data needs from the business is met with strong commitment to the SLA.
- Assist team members with interpreting scope, estimating impact/work and approving the estimates for execution.
- Manage team assignments by assessing subject area knowledge, individual capacity, and project demands.
- Participate in appropriate councils and committees as the voice of data engineering and BI analytics.
- Represent the data engineering and BI analytics teams as part of various project implementations.
- Liaison and support data capabilities and implementations outside of the data engineering and analytics team including data governance, data science, etc.,
- Proven track record of implementing complex data products based on modern data architecture.
- Experience with Big Data technology including Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, Scala etc.,
- Strong experience on operational data store, data lake, data warehouse, data marts, dimension modeling, ETL etc.,
- Good understanding of NOSQL technology such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J etc.,
- Experience with BI analytics stack including reports, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Ability to analyze complex system requirements and present findings to both internal and external stakeholders in a simple and comprehensible manner.
- Communication and leadership skills with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 20+ years of experience in Data Engineer & Analytics including experience managing 5+ person team of data engineers and BI analysts.
- Solid understanding of technology components of overall data engineering and BI stack.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Scala, Kafka, Kinesis etc.,
- Proficient with relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Neo4J, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.,
- Experience with ETL data pipeline and workflow management tools: Informatica, Talend, DataStage etc.,
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, GCP etc.,
- Solid understanding of relational, dimensional and NOSQL data modeling: ERWin, ERStudio etc.,
- Experience with implementing BI stack; Tableau, Alteryx, Qlikview, Pentaho, Microsoft BI etc.,
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field with 20+ years of experience in a Data Engineering & Analytics role including 5+ years of experience in management role.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Financial Analyst
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Mobile Retail Sales Expert
Enjoy, Pittsburgh, PA
Community Coordinator - Houston
Yelp, Houston, TX
Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning & Analytics (Homes)
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Executive IT Support Lead
Slack, San Francisco