Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Manager, UX Research, you are a key player in defining the product and design strategy for Magic Leap. You will be responsible for leading a broad range of research activities in collaboration with Design, Product Management, Engineering and other stakeholders. You will help identify user needs, opportunities, validate early concepts, and ensure design quality. You are a tireless advocate of a user-centered and insights-driven approach to product design and development.
- Being a strong and vocal user advocate.
- Work closely with product teams and various stakeholders to identify and prioritize research initiatives.
- Act as a strategic partner and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, and synthesizing research projects.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate user research using a variety of methodologies including interviews, observation lab studies, surveys, contextual inquiry, task analysis, ethnographic research, iterative usability studies, and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Identify best research methods based on research goals, timelines, and resources, with emphasis on agility and iterative learning.
- Work with outside agencies and consultants engaged for additional research support, directing their efforts to ensure high quality deliverables that suit the needs of the internal stakeholders.
- Distill research findings into actionable insights and plans, and then clearly communicate these findings to relevant teams through written reports and oral presentations.
- Manage a team of User Researchers. Act as a coach and mentor, leading other researchers toward innovative and creative thinking while upholding research standards.
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team's process, tools and communications.
- Manage communication with stakeholders, including designers, product managers, project managers and engineers from various teams.
- 10 years of research work experience.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, surveys, and usability studies.
- Experience leading or managing user researchers on complex projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with AR/VR/MR.
- Experience managing external research agencies and consultants.
- Demonstrated experience creating new test methods/setups to address the needs of unusual/challenging tests.
- BA/BS degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Sociology or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Preferred M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Field Marketing Manager (SEUR)
Senior Network Engineer
Square, Remote FL, US
Lead Software Engineer, iOS
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Narvar, Bengaluru, India
Engineer, Business Automation
Lucid, New Orleans
Sr. Experience Designer (UX/UI)