At Magic Leap our Program Manager can be thought of as a “super” project manager. His or her role is mainly operational since this person is responsible for planning and governance and for overseeing the successful delivery of the program’s output/product.
Although knowledge of the business is important, there is more stress on his or her program management skills. The program manager must have practical experience of having been a project manager for large and complex initiatives. We take the Product vision and execute according to that vision.
- Daily program management throughout the program life cycle
- Defining the program governance (controls)
- Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress
- Managing the program’s budget
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies
- Managing and utilizing resources across projects
- Managing stakeholders’ communication
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the business change manager
- Managing the main program documentations such as the program initiation document.
The program manager must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. He or she must have the following:
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques;
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program;
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures; and
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- A solid understand of the software development process.
- Experience in Project Management Lifecycle process.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
BS or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Demand Generation
Narvar, San Francisco, CA
UI/UX Senior Software Engineer
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Director of Partnerships & Business Development
Strava, San Francisco, CA, or Denver, CO, or New York, NY (Remote)
Sr Software Engineer - DevOps
Visa, Bellevue WA, US
Enterprise Account Executive - U.S.
Algolia, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Criminal Justice, Justice and Opportunity
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City