Senior Quality Automation Engineer, Cloud - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL, Toronto, ON
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior Quality Automation Engineer within the Cloud organization you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge web technologies to develop test automation for Magic Leap’s Platforms and APIs. The ideal candidate will have experience developing tests for responsive modern web interfaces consuming REST based web services, remarkable problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a passion for testing.
- Work closely with technical leaders and other software engineers in a collaborative environment to deliver next generation web components
- Create automated tests at different levels of the test pyramid (unit, integration, system)
- Design and implement mock services and components to enhance automation for cloud products
- Design, build, and maintain automation tools and frameworks
- Develop and execute performance tests using internal frameworks towards major releases
- Participate in code reviews and provide quality-driven feedback to engineers
- Build and improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure efficient testing and deployment
- Learn best practices from senior and technical leadership team members
- Embrace emerging web technology standards
- Collaborate with engineers to design and implement effective test strategies
- Coordinate various test-related activities for project delivery, such as identification of task dependencies, creation of test schedules, design of test data, and utilization of test environments
- Manage relationships and coordinate development between different teams at different locations
- Develop and monitor test metrics and provide timely communication to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Work with Release Engineers, Product, and Program to determine release readiness
- At least 5 years experience building test automation
- Experience developing tests for RESTful web services
- Experience with Swagger or OpenAPI
- Experience with Test-Driven and/or Behavior-Driven Development (Cucumber)
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- Experience with one or more CI/CD automation tool (Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Concourse CI)
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles
- Experience testing production-quality web applications that consume RESTful services.
- Experience in all aspects of testing of components/services including Performance, Functional, Integration, and Unit testing
- Comfort working with remote teams in multiple time zones
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- AWS certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Software Engineer
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
IT Support Engineer
Airbnb, Portland, Oregon
Associate Solutions Architect Mid West Region.
Paxata, Columbus, OH
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Android)