The program manager will provide program/project management leadership focused on the delivery of carrier-specific software and related activities with wireless telecom providers for North America and Asia. You will plan, manage and coordinate cross-functional software activities within MagicLeap engineering team as well as interface with the carrier engineering team. The Role reports to the Director, Software Program.
- Responsible to lead complex, multi-disciplinary software development and engineering projects.
- Manage Technical/Program management leadership with wireless carrier/service provider/mobile network provider and engineering developments towards the carrier requirements.
- Manage carrier certification of device software, factory and carrier programming, requirement analysis, technology selection, architecture activities.
- Provide Program management leadership to multiple software engineering teams as well as carrier software technical relationships.
- Plan, manage and prioritize implementation tasks for features, defects, projects, and releases.
- Collaborates and works with internal application/middleware/framework teams as well as carrier technical/certification teams.
- Work with internal and external organizations to manage interdependencies and to develop and integrate innovative solutions.
- Follow technology trends and developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing features.
- Thorough experience managing technical requirements with multiple wireless carriers or past experience leading the development of software related to carrier customization or certification.
- Experience with consumer electronics with a detailed understanding of Mobile HW and Linux based embedded operating systems and software layers.
- Experience in embedded software, preferably managing the software for wireless carriers with any consumer electronics devices.
- Experience driving the product through major wireless carrier certification/technical compliance.
- Proficient in verbal/written communication skills including a presentation to large audiences.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycles and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and bilingual English/Japanese and/or Korean
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineer /Electrical Engineer/Communication engineers preferred or equivalent experience in the telecommunications industry
- PMP Certification is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”