Sr. Build Engineer (Release Management)
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA or Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
This is a hands-on lead software development and systems operations role supporting Magic Leap's build and release automation services. In this position, you will be part of a team building, evaluating, and deploying Magic Leap’s software stack. You will help choose and deploy commercial and open-source tools and technologies to build and support a professional software engineering environment, with an emphasis on operational self-service and continuous integration.
You will maintain and manage Magic Leap’s source code repositories for internal projects, third party resources, and forks of various open-source and proprietary projects.
- Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration, and verification of complex software systems spanning multiple hardware platforms, embedded devices, mobile platforms, and cloud-based services
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
- Work closely with other product and engineering teams to describe and validate expected software behavior and performance
- Develop tools and scripts to automate the testing of software and hardware systems
- Assist developers with build issues, including maintaining Makefiles and cmake lists, resolving compilation errors, unit test failures, and similar issues
- Encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products
- Work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to develop tools for automation, and continuously improve the release process and automation environment
- Execute and create functional test plans that verify quality, correctness, and performance of software and hardware systems
- Install, configure, and extend a variety of software systems, including software for version control, code peer review, compilation, continuous integration, performance data collection and analysis, systems monitoring, and more
- 5+ years experience in build engineering and release automation
- Experience managing and building Android/AOSP projects
- Experience managing and building Linux based distributions and packaging
- Experience with make and cmake
- Experience with Linux, shell-scripting, Git and Gerrit, Jenkins
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python
- Experience with software development and testing, and familiarity with TestDriven and BehaviorDriven Development (TDD/BDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare and VirtualBox, and containers such as Docker and LXC
- Familiar with performing and automating systems administration tasks using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Strong communication skills and the desire to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
- BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloudflare, London, UK
Elastic, Distributed US
Quality Engineers - All Experience Levels
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Senior Data Scientist
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Software Engineering Manager
Okta, San Jose, CA / San Francisco, CA