Principal Optical Test & Metrology Engineer, Systems
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The candidate should be self-considered as a lab guy/girl. They should be a self-considered expert in their respective discipline, being principally responsible for designing in their discipline, and designing and building (in the lab) metrology for testing/verifying the parts they have designed.
As an expert in the optical system and component testing who will solely or principally responsible for at least 5 unique, non-trivial optical system test beds. These systems should have included;
- MTF testing,
- LED and laser diode characterization,
- Spectral measurements,
- Contrast measurements,
- Lens EFL, BFL, pupil location,
- Interferometer/profilometer measurements,
- Index of refraction/polarization measurements,
- Diffraction efficiency measurements.
The candidate should have applied experience with:
- Design and develop instrumentation to test compact optics, illuminations systems, and electro-optical
- Identify and source equipment needed to measure mechanical dimensions for prototypes and demonstration units
- Establish production partnerships with key vendors and OEM’s
- Develop a volume test and metrology manufacturing plan
- Experience with white light interferometers, MTF testers, profilometers, measurement microscopes, general lab automation
- Familiarity with clean room protocol
- Familiarity with optical system and component construction
- Strong background in test automation using lab view or Matlab
- Analysis of test and metrology data sets
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis is desired
- Familiarity with quality control systems
- Familiarity with optical and CAD software to enable review of designs
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years or more or Masters with 5 years’ experience in Optic Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”