Principal Optical Test and Metrology Engineer, Systems
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The candidate should be self-considered as a lab guy/girl. They should be a self-considered expert in their respective discipline, being principally responsible for designing in their discipline, and designing and building (in the lab) metrology for testing/verifying the parts they have designed.
As an expert in the optical system and component testing who will solely or principally responsible for at least 5 unique, non-trivial optical system test beds. These systems should have included;
- MTF testing,
- LED and laser diode characterization,
- Spectral measurements,
- Contrast measurements,
- Lens EFL, BFL, pupil location,
- Interferometer/profilometer measurements,
- Index of refraction/polarization measurements,
- Diffraction efficiency measurements.
The candidate should have applied experience with:
- Design and develop instrumentation to test compact optics, illuminations systems, and electro-optical
- Identify and source equipment needed to measure mechanical dimensions for prototypes and demonstration units
- Establish production partnerships with key vendors and OEM’s
- Develop a volume test and metrology manufacturing plan
- Experience with white light interferometers, MTF testers, profilometers, measurement microscopes, general lab automation
- Familiarity with clean room protocol
- Familiarity with optical system and component construction
- Strong background in test automation using lab view or Matlab
- Analysis of test and metrology data sets
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis is desired
- Familiarity with quality control systems
- Familiarity with optical and CAD software to enable review of designs
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years or more or Masters with 5 years’ experience in Optic Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate IT Security Analyst
Gwynnie Bee, Mountain View, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Infrastructure Engineering & Operations ( DevOps )
Senior Software Engineer, Product
Justworks, New York, NY
Sr. Backend Engineer
Advisory Solutions Architect APJ
Pivotal Software, Singapore