Magic Leap is looking for a senior software engineer to join our automation and robotics team. We move with the speed of light, and are looking for someone with fearless curiosity that can quickly internalize complicated systems and engineer solutions to challenging problems.
We are a multidisciplinary team that works across electrical, software, and mechanical engineering disciplines. You have a get it done attitude with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. The main focus of this role will be to design, prototype, and deliver novel robotics and software solutions to support all Magic Leap teams. Our ideal candidate will also be a huge fan of AR/VR technology.
- Architect new software features and data analysis tools
- Lead software development for algorithm test and automation
- Design complex studies involving computer vision, robotics, data science, and artificial intelligence concepts
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of robotics, data science, and / or computer vision experience
- Experience writing scripts / data analysis in Python + strong background developing C++ applications on multiple hardware platforms
- Work across Magic Leap teams to conceptualize, define, design, code, and test robotic applications
- Ability to design experiments to solve open critical problems
- Experience dealing with physical robotic hardware, including robotic manipulators and / or mobile robotic platforms
- Experience developing in ROS
- Expertise in one or more of the following: computer vision evaluation tools, SLAM for indoor robots, motion planning and control for robotic arms
- Experience with ground truth systems, such as Vicon
- Experience with KUKA robots and Sunrise OS
- Experience with OpenGL or Unity
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience in advanced data analysis
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
BlueVine, Redwood City, CA
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Norfolk, Virginia
Senior Associate Scientist, Bioinformatics
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Chemistry Fellow (India)
Khan Academy, Delhi, India
Senior Account Executive
MyFitnessPal, New York City, NY
Sr. Data Science Manager (Decision Science)
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco