In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing supplier quality program (supplier development & supplier quality assurance) for mechanical parts across Magic Leap products. In this highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for one of the most innovative product designs in the world today in a cosmetically demanding environment. Strong technical leadership, project management, and organizational skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to develop specific PQPs for mechanical commodities.
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for mechanical commodities, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations.
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to high quality standards.
- Develop and Implement FAI, PPAP, and Cp/Cpk reviews of mechanical parts.
- Assuring supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and PPAP submission and approval requirements. Implementing and monitoring supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Work with commodity sourcing managers, reliability engineers, and supplier’s quality engineers to ensure part quality & reliability.
- Implement systems and processes to quickly identify root cause and corrective actions for mechanical commodities.
- Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the mechanical commodities.
- Assess measurability and creatively address concerns directly with stakeholders. Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluate adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages.
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits.
- Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management to ensure effective corrective action plans can be promptly executed.
- Managing cross-functionally with many different teams to resolve quality escalations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering. MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working in consumer electronics. International experience, particularly in Asia is required.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Experience with mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding in high volume quality manufacturing engineering for consumer electronics product.
- Expertise in optical inspection/metrology, laser triangulation, and defect detection.
- Experience with digital imaging, camera system, and image processing is a definite plus.
- Experience with 2D/3D triangulation laser system and CCD inspection system such as Keyence, Cognex and/or Visco
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiar with mechanical metrology system qualification process, such as GRR, Correlation, Stability and Reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles required.
- Experienced in managing product and process non-conformance: MRB, CAR, 8D and RMAs, failure analysis and reporting.
- Application of PFMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”