In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing supplier quality program (supplier development & supplier quality assurance) for mechanical parts across Magic Leap products. In this highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for one of the most innovative product designs in the world today in a cosmetically demanding environment. Strong technical leadership, project management, and organizational skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to develop specific PQPs for mechanical commodities.
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for mechanical commodities, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations.
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to high quality standards.
- Develop and Implement FAI, PPAP, and Cp/Cpk reviews of mechanical parts.
- Assuring supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and PPAP submission and approval requirements. Implementing and monitoring supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Work with commodity sourcing managers, reliability engineers, and supplier’s quality engineers to ensure part quality & reliability.
- Implement systems and processes to quickly identify root cause and corrective actions for mechanical commodities.
- Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the mechanical commodities.
- Assess measurability and creatively address concerns directly with stakeholders. Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluate adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages.
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits.
- Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management to ensure effective corrective action plans can be promptly executed.
- Managing cross-functionally with many different teams to resolve quality escalations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering. MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working in consumer electronics. International experience, particularly in Asia is required.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Experience with mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding in high volume quality manufacturing engineering for consumer electronics product.
- Expertise in optical inspection/metrology, laser triangulation, and defect detection.
- Experience with digital imaging, camera system, and image processing is a definite plus.
- Experience with 2D/3D triangulation laser system and CCD inspection system such as Keyence, Cognex and/or Visco
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiar with mechanical metrology system qualification process, such as GRR, Correlation, Stability and Reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles required.
- Experienced in managing product and process non-conformance: MRB, CAR, 8D and RMAs, failure analysis and reporting.
- Application of PFMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Security
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Blockchain Research Scientist
Axoni, New York City
Operational Technical Support Specialist
Natural Language Understanding Engineer
AppZen, San Jose, California
Software QA Engineer
Carbon, Redwood City
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA