Test Engineer, Computer Vision - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Test Engineer for embedded and system test development and validation of our Mixed Reality system that provides a realistic 3D environment visible in the real world. Position includes the design, development, and deployment of tools and utilities to test our Computer Vision systems.
As a Test Engineer you will work with the development, test, and automation teams to define, develop, and execute white box tests at the API level and back box tests and system level that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our computer vision deliverables
Define or develop test utilities if applicable to accomplish white box testing at the API level or to assist with our test automation
Contributor to a test organization that will design, implement, and continuously improve upon a structure that will allow work to be perform faster, more efficiently, and provide a greater level of quality to the magic leap products under test
Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to debug or provide circumstances needed to triage and resolve issues
Participate in the investigation, selection, and deployment of software assurance tools and procedures
Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test with hands-on experience in the development / test of the lower and middle layers of the OS
- Knowledge and experience of the interworking of Computer Vision systems to allow for more efficient test development.
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Excellent understanding of different types of testing (i.e. functional, performance, stress, usability, etc) and their scope and boundaries
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Expertise with using C/C++ Test Frameworks (Ex. Google Test) is desirable
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Lead (TDD, OOP, SOLID, CI/CD, Agile, Various Languages)
Senior Software Engineer
Gametime, San Francisco, CA
Lead Project Manager (w/m)
Geospatial Data Engineer
Descartes Labs, Santa Fe, NM
Site Reliability Engineer
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Lead Software Engineer (Web SaaS Platform)
Malwarebytes, Tallinn, Estonia