Job DescriptionThe strategic sourcing manager will remain current on supply market trends, supplier economics, and procurement best practices and create the strategic vision for ensuring quality, supply and cost competitiveness for optical components. Once the sourcing strategy has been developed, the incumbent will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage the process from concept through to fruition. Work with business units/suppliers to correct major or repetitive supply issues and implement demand driven supply chain programs and champion a strategic procurement process that will substantially reduce total costs.
- Design, implement and execute the organization’s strategic sourcing initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of requests for proposal, and supplier negotiations
- Develop the sourcing strategy for the category through cross-functional group collaboration
- Manage relationships with key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements while maintaining competitive prices
- Evaluate and lead commodity to enhance supplier performance; monitor supplier activity relative to pricing, contractual obligation, quality, delivery, scheduling, and productivity
- Obtain and evaluate competitive supplier bids
- Consolidate raw material purchasing into cost effective agreements for draw by individual plants
- Interface and act as the liaison between product development teams, supply chain/supply base management, internal and external suppliers
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement/Sourcing strategies and materials disciplines
- Minimum of 5-7 years of broad experience in purchasing/procurement/sourcing strategies and materials disciplines essential
- Excellent knowledge of procurement functions including sourcing strategies, contract negotiations, and contract management
- Computer literacy and a basic understanding and knowledge of computer based analytical tools (i. e. Spreadsheet, Word & DataBase)
- Purchasing and accounting practices are very important
- Problem-solving and decision-making techniques and a strong understanding of contracting and negotiating
- Innovative, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Effective written & oral communication skills are essential.
- BA/BS degree to include a broad, general education in basic business and administrative skills is required.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Support Engineer
Contentful, San Francisco, CA
Home Chef, 1055 E Cooley Ave. San Bernardino, CA 92408
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Web Security - Salt Lake City, UT
Shape Security, Salt Lake City, Utah
Business Consultant & Project Manager SCM
Aptos, Germany - Halle