Senior Build Engineer - Platform
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
This is a hands-on software development role supporting Magic Leap's build and release automation services. In this position, you will be part of a team building, evaluating, and deploying Magic Leap’s software stack.
Specifically, you will help maintain and add new features to our build system to enable multiple software configurations from the same source code baseline, focusing on regional customization's. In addition, you will identify optimizations and work on features to extend and enhance our overall build infrastructure.
- Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration, and verification of complex software systems spanning multiple hardware platforms, embedded devices, mobile platforms, and cloud-based services
- Document and develop build/release tooling to support multiple software configurations, focusing on regional customization.
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
- Contribute to tools and scripts in python and groovy (Jenkinsfile) to automate building software and hardware systems and enforcing software development best practices
- Work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to develop tools for build/CI/CD automation
- Identify, collaborate, and implement process improvement opportunities
- 5+ years experience in build engineering and release automation
- Experience customizing the Android platform to support multiple customers
- Experience with the Android Open Source Project (“AOSP”) platform build system
- Experience with Linux, shell-scripting, Git and Gerrit, Jenkins
- Experience with software development and testing, and familiarity with Test-Driven development
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines, groovy scripting is a plus
- Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare and VirtualBox, and containers such as Docker and LXC
- Familiarity with tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric is a plus
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- The desire to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
- BA/BS, MS in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”