Senior Mixed Reality Developer
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a world-class solution for parental controls for the Magic Leap platform. We have a rich roadmap planned for empowering parents to keep their kids safe in this new spatial computing environment. We need a strong technical contributor with both breadth and depth of technical skills. You must have experience shipping C++ mobile/embedded applications with polished user experiences. You must understand the android OS architecture (AOSP) and have experience developing and debugging system apps. This is an opportunity to be first developer in an exciting area of the product. You will have the opportunity to work with User Experience team, architecture, systems engineers, and applications developers. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Build, debug, and deploy world-class applications for Android & iOS platform
- Work across apps and teams to language localize applications
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Utilize native libraries to enable advance application features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- 5-7 years experience developing mobile software apps
- Experience programming for Android using the Android SDK / Android Studio.
- Experience shipping applications in multiple platforms in multiple languages for a global market.
- A passion for protecting children and empowering parents
- Deep understanding of modern iOS development best practices.
- Deep understanding of modern Android development best practices.
- Have published at least one Android app to the Google Play Store.
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks and API’s.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Very strong programming skills - extensive experience with C++ required.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Basic understanding of 3D Math and 3D Graphics - and a desire to become and expert.
Nice to have
- Experience with parental controls, restrictive technologies and website filtering
- Experience with Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality
- Experience with OpenGL or other 3D graphics API
- Experience with C++ and/or C#
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using wiki, chat, and Jira.
- Ability to read Japanese
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Platform QA Engineer
Ingenu, San Diego
Software Engineer, Libraries
Segment, Vancouver, BC
Software Engineer, Design Systems
Justworks, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
Iterable, San Francisco
Senior Test Engineer (Manual + Automation)
EnerNOC, IN - Mumbai
IT Communications and Training Specialist
Penumbra, Alameda, CA