Principal Software Engineer, Core Tools
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We started out as a comic book company. Now we’re a spatial computing company that blends technology, physiology and creativity to reveal worlds within our world and add magic to the everyday.
If you’re a developer, creator or explorer, take the leap and join us as we venture into the far reaches of human creativity and construct a universe of magical new human experiences.
See you in the Magicverse.
Be a part of the team responsible for ensuring the efficiency, ease of use, reliability, and scalability of the development platform for Magic Leap and Spatial Computing. The primary focus of this role is to enable external developers using the SDK and Developer Tools to rapidly iterate while developing high quality applications and experiences for Magic Leap. Primary work will be in designing new features, implementing and collaborating with other team members on designs, and testing or supporting Magic Leap SDK and Developer Tools offering.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning multiple graphical runtime environments, operating systems, applications, and hardware platforms
- Be extremely data driven and drive/track program execution and delivery excellence while keeping the team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors
- Work with the engineering manager, product owners, architects, developers and SDETs to ensure that the product is being delivered with quality on time and within budget
- Design and develop software features that comprise of well-designed, documented, and extensible functionality
- Lead product planning by determining feasibility, requirements, and by proposing solutions
- Write well-designed and testable code
- Troubleshoot and modify existing software to improve performance
- Minimum 12+ years of experience as a Software Developer/Application Designer or Programmer
- Advanced understanding of developer tools services and technologies
- Object-oriented programming / API design experience
- Debugging / profiling / optimizing
- Internationalization and localization processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Build Infrastructure
Lyft, Palo Alto
Implementation Engineer, Backend
CityBase, Chicago, IL
Senior Staff Product Security Engineer
Lookout, Toronto, ON
Director of Engineering
Stanza, San Francisco
Front-end Developer (China South Market)