Senior Software Engineer, Application Framework
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. Our team focuses on hiring Engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the unique challenges as well as bring fresh ideas to the development of Applications in Mixed Reality.
For this role, you will be working on a small team that will be developing application framework, tools, and examples to improve workflows for enabling content creation on our platform using the Lumin Runtime. With a focus on the user and developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create exciting and new experiences on our platform.
You must have strong C++ skills and have shipped world-class technologies or products for mobile, desktop or virtual and Mixed Reality platforms. Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills, experience working with games software, or similar real-time systems is a must. You must be prepared to drive ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction.
- Design, implement, optimize, and debug software systems and tools that make workflows more accessible to Developers/Users.
- Work within a small agile team to deliver high-quality Mixed Reality framework for the Lumin Runtime that makes content creation workflows more accessible.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and technical implementation issues.
- Strong focus on user and developer experiences.
- Support and deliver solutions for internal and external content teams.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the gaming industry or using real-time 3D technologies.
- Strong C++ knowledge and skills
- Solid 3D math skills including vectors, transformation matrices, and analytical geometry.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- OpenGL, Vulkan experience are nice-to-have.
- Experience with shaders, geometry processing, and lighting are nice-to-have.
- Experience with IME aware applications and l10n integrations are nice-to-have.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Backend Scala/Java Microservices Software Engineer, Services – Data Platform
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
TripleLift, Waterloo, Canada
Justworks, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Data
Lucid, Sao Paulo
Devops Manager - Visibility Team
Qualtrics, Dublin, Ireland
Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US