Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL (HQ), Toronto, ON, Sunnyvale, CA
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the Application Framework Test Engineer is to update and execute the manual and automated testing efforts for assigned projects to ensure projects meet the quality standards set by product owners. The Application Framework Test Engineer will focus on analyzing requirements, developing and testing sample applications, and creating and maintaining manual and automated test cases in line with ongoing agile development. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders and developers
- Create test applications and experiences using the application framework to provide developer-focused testing of APIs
- White box and black box testing of test applications.
- Provide testing support and feedback to various departments within the software organization
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code to develop high quality test scripts and applications
- Develop, Test, and Run manual and automated tests on a daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Build, maintain, and test applications to continually provide feedback on the quality of the application framework
- Analyze and report on test progress, status and performance metrics
- 5+ years of development experience in C++, game development experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of React Native experience and mobile specific development experience (iOS, Android, hybrid platforms).
- 5+ years experience working on software products in QA / Automation related testing
- Experience with testing SDKs, APIs and applications on embedded devices.
- Thorough understanding of test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning, test case creation, test execution, automated testing and reporting
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”