- Working directly with product design engineers to deliver manufacturing feasibility while maintain product design and functional requirements. tooling and equipment to best meet design and assembly specification while maintaining production manufacturing feasibility standards.
- Designing, developing and qualifying at production location various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Responsibilities include travel to various suppliers located in, but not limited to, Southern & Northern China, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia to support tool sampling runs, problem resolution and tooling qualification
- Generating tooling cost models for manufacturing and ECNs for component tooling
- Performing product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved manufacturing efficiency.
- Establishing and maintain tooling quality standards
- Determining and maintain tooling and fixturing budgets
- Delivering tooling capacity at or below budget targets
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, plastics engineering or other applicable technical area.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad experience designing, fabricating, debugging and launching tooling in high volume manufacturing while delivering quality, cost and capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes for thermoplastic, sheet metal stamping, metal machining, die casting and thixomolding.
- Expert in using Moldflow, Moldex3D, and VISI Flow to complete predictive analysis on component quality.
- Computer literacy and a basic understanding and knowledge of computer based analytical tools (i. e. Spreadsheet, Word & Database) and purchasing and accounting practices very important.
- Problem solving and decision making techniques and a strong understanding of contracting and negotiating.
- Innovative, self motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with high-volume world-class design and manufacturing techniques for consumer electronic products
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles
Senior/Group Product Manager
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Product Manager, Yield
Reddit, San Francisco
Product Manager / Product Owner(m/f)
Definiens, Definiens AG Munich
Senior Data Engineer
Newsela, New York, NY
Product Manager, Identity
OneLogin, San Francisco, CA, United States